Rope walls can transform the practice of every yogi, from beginner to master. The Wall Ropes seem to allows traction like releases and inversions that many students would not be able to achieve otherwise.
Based on BKS Iyengar’s principles of alignment, ‘the wall’ is used as a prop to deepen asana by opening and creating space in the body using therapeutic techniques. (Inversions in our advanced classes). The original “Yoga Wall” took on the form of ropes attached to wall hooks, designed by Iyengar, which has blessed humanity for decades. As years passed, the Yoga Wall evolved, and introduced new systems of adjustable straps to accommodate body-types of all sorts. In the early 1980′s, the newest system was designed (due to a foot injury on an older system’s wall hooks) by Kedric Wolfe; he knew there had to be a “better way” to use the wall, with simple versatility.
Benefits of Yoga RopeWall
* Lengthen your spine & open up your joints
* Strengthen hard to build muscles
* Improve your inversions
* Offers therapeutic benefits
* Adds speed, lightness, agility and range of motion
* Good for stretching hamstrings, shoulders, and chest
* Spinal traction helps relieve back pain and tension
What does RopeWall do?
* Practising yoga on ropes opens the body, releases tension in the spine and pelvic area and allows more difficult poses to be realized. This therapeutic yoga is an ideal way to work with anyone that is elderly, stiff or has scoliosis.
The ropes act like props to support the body without strain.
Can anyone do Yoga Ropewall?
YES! Ropewall is beneficial for anyone working deeper into poses, for those new to yoga or for those recovering from illness or injury.
Canada’s Premier Centre for Yoga, Meditation and Higher Learning located in Oakville, Ontario.